This is where to look for information mentioned on the show. You can also find links on the Archived Program Page.
Adaptive Equipment Resources from Adaptive Equipment for Older Adults with Angelene Volpatti, Occupational Therapist from Hospice of Dayton, OH. (Dec 18, 2014)
Aug 28, 2014: Anne Elizabeth Denny’s book, My Voice, My Choice: A Practical Guide to Writing a Meaningful Healthcare Directive.
June 5, 2014: A Stressful Part of Caregiving: Hospitalization, with Anne Tumlinson email@example.com; follow on twitter @annetumlinson; linkedin anne-tumlinson
April 3, 2014-Remote Help for caregivers who need dementia support, with Ellen Belk and Keep in Mind, Inc.
Feb 20, 2014-Post Caregiving with Dick Schaaf. Dick first told his story about he and his wife’s decision to take in Mom/Mother-in-law. On a second show he shared an update and now on this third show, he winds up his story and shares his experience of caring for mom-in-law in their home.
Feb 6, 2014: Repeat–Organizing Your Life’s Work-understanding the gift of getting all your documents in order with My Legacy Make Easy
Jan 30, 2014: A communication app for caregivers-Tryn Rose Seley tells us about the new android app for caregivers.“Alzheimer’s Story Starters” for Android on appszoom.com – Free. Search “Story Starters” for the ‘blue books’ icon. Previous radio interview with Tryn on her fabulous book “15 Minutes of Fame.”
Jan 2, 2014: Taking Care of X-Husband Parts I and II: Karen Scarpulla is author of Walking Toward the Light: A Journey in Forgiveness and Death.
Nov 21, 2013: 10 Financial Mistakes to Avoid. Death or divorce can leave some without financial know-how. Aaron Britz of Legacy Wealth Management lends support.
Nov 7, 2013: What is Young Onset Alzheimer’s Disease? A personal story from Michael Ellenbogen
Oct 30, 2013: Loss and Money with Aaron Britz of Legacy Wealth Management, specializing in assisting women with financial health.
Sept 26, 2013: Be in Charge of Your Choices with Jill Johnson (763-571-3101), Johnson Consulting Services
Sept 12, 2013: Knocking on Heaven’s Door by Katy Butler
Aug 9: Aging and Sex-with Bloomberg News Reporter Bryan Gruley
Aug 22: Older Adults & Addiction
- The Retreat-residential and after-work programs for alcohol and drug help
Aug 15: Claim Jockey-Getting long term care insurance claims paid with Gary Marx, 651-224-0709
Aug 1: Why do I need training to care for someone with Alzheimer’s disease? Pam Brammann helps listeners understand how a little training helps make your caregiving easier.
July 23: Organizing Your Life’s Work-understanding the gift of getting all your documents in order with My Legacy Make Easy
July 18: Assisted Vacations for Caregivers and Families with Thomas. P. Stern
June 27: Never Too Old to Mentor with John Young, founder of MyMentorAdvisor.com
June 20: Music Therapy & Stroke Rehabilitation with Melissa Hirokowa
- Past show with Music Therapist on general information on how using music therapy can help support your loved one and you.
June 13: Caring for the Caregiver with Terri Lindgren
- Someone you know ill? Watch what you say and to whom: http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/07/opinion/la-oe-0407-silk-ring-theory-20130407
May 30: Giving Too Much and How to Help Yourself with Robin Collins
- Compassion Fatigue and Caregiving
- Robin’s email: lovetothe5thpower
May 16: Soul Service-Caring for a dying loved one with Christine Cowgill
- Soul Service: A Hospice Guide to the Emotional and Spiritual Care for the Dying
May 9: The Call-A Mother’s Day Tribute with Anke Van De Waal
May 2: Stories of Hope from God’s Hotel with Dr. Victoria Sweet
- Read a NYTime’s review of Dr. Sweet’s book
April 25: Caring from a Distance with Dr. Jim McCabe
April 18: Caregivers as Advocates for loved ones with dementia with Lori LaBey
April 11: What to Do When Someone Dies with Scott Taylor Smith
April 4: Caregiving and Hormones with Dr. Sara Gottfried, author of “The Hormone Cure”
- The Hormone Cure Quiz
- Phosphatidylserine (PS) is the supplement Dr. Sara recommends to lower Cortisol. She recommends 400mg/day
Long Term Care State of the Union with Deb Newman of Newman Long Term Care
- Request Women’s Guide to Long Term Care Planning by calling 612-454-4400
The Ease of Estate Sales with Dana Arvidson of Estate Sale Minnesota
A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words with Tryn Rose Seley
Making the Move Gentle-When it’s time to move Mom and Dad
- Gentle Transitions, co-owner Diane Bjorkman
Every Caregiver Needs a Lift
Ethical Wills-The Personal Will
Girlfriends with Aging Parents
The Senior Linkage Line
- Senior Linkage Line is a service of the MN Board on Aging and the Metro Area Agency on Aging. 1-800-333-2433
- Minnesota Help Info-an on-line resource data bank
Caregiving is the Silent Crisis
- Journalist Jonathan Rausch shares his very personal caregiving story
Music Therapy Supporting Your Loved One and You
Products you don’t want to discuss but must
- The CareGiverPartnership offers products and a knowledgable product specialist team to help you purchase products that will assist you in giving care. Toll Free: 800-985-1353
- Lynn’s book, Negotiate Anything, code UD29U
Using Memory Magz to Connect with Your Loved Ones with Ellen Belk
You Better Not Die or I’ll Kill You (*show title same as author’s book)
Inside Dementia: A Daughter’s Journey with author Martha Stettinius
Unexpected Roles for Unexpected Caregivers-a conversation with Cynthia and Wayne
- They’re Still Driving?-When it’s time to have the driving talk with your folks
A Caregiver’s Role-Welcome back Coy Cross
Family or Guardian? A conversation with attorney David Hvistendahl
- Hvistendahl, Moersch, Dorsey & Hahn, P.A.
- Bill of Rights for Wards and Protected Persons
- Interview with Tracey Schuppel of Action Conservators, explaining role of guardian/conservator
Technology Enabled Care
Call Tubman for Caregiver Help, Jim Tift: 612-870-2454 or 1-800-893-4055
Own Your Future with Deb Newman, Phone: 612-454-4400
Nancy Lee, Keeping Your Home Fall Safe
The Dhance by Coy F Cross – A Caregivers Search For Meaning
Caring for Mom with Depression – A Conversation with Teri Knight
Comfort in the New Normal with author, Val Walker
- Medical Equipment For Your Independence, a conversation with Francis Sheehy of Liberty Oxygen
The Impact of Health Care Reform on Caregivers with Director of AARP Minnesota, Michele Kimball
Sorting Out Home Care Options with Jeanne Jones (952-500-8750) or CareMinders
Vision Issues, with Kate Grathwol (612-871-2222) or Vision Loss Resources
Relief From Stress and Anxiety with Breathing with Laurie Ellis Young (612-327-1116)
Journeying through early onset Alzheimer’s disease with Rick Phelps (biographer, Gary Joseph LeBlanc)