Ready to start contemplating changes you’d like to make to create a fitter brain?
Brainstorm in each of the five areas just what you’d like to improve. For example, in the area of nutrition, I am increasing the amount of fruit I eat. My diet has consistently been healthy, but I don’t eat a great deal of fruit. I will be working on adding in fruit. (More on the “how” later—for now, focus on the “what.”)
- Mental Stimulation (challenging your brain with games, languages, changes)
- Nutrition (eating well to stimulate brain health—we’ll address further)
- Physical Activity (what is good for the body is good for the brain)
- Spirituality (connecting with the unknown, the inner part of you, using prayer and meditation)
- Socialization (avoiding isolation, engaging in life and in people)
I’ll go into richer detail with these five areas, but for now, simply focus on contemplation. Best to you!